No Output when checking use Hardware Acceleration
  • solosails

No Output when checking use Hardware Acceleration

by solosails » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:26 pm

Hi,

When enabling the "Use Hardware acceleration if possible" for video, I just get a black output - no output.

MM V 4.0.6
    Windows 10 64
    Intel core i7
    Geforce 940MX with 461.72 driver (latest)
    Intel Onboard (nvidia set to use Geforce card with Mad Mapper)

Any ideas appreciated. Thanks.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: No Output when checking use Hardware Acceleration

by mad-matt » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:04 pm

Hi,
    If you go to Preferences / Engine, you will see if MadMapper is running on nVidia or Intel GPU. Can you tell me which GPU it's using ?
    Anyway it doesn't mean that hardware decoding will be done on nVidia GPU.
    You should first update your Intel & nVidia drivers and see if the problem gets solved. Most issues on windows are solved with GPU drivers update...
    Another point: using hardware decoding is great on very small CPUs (I used it to get full HD playback on Intel Nuc / Intel ComputeStick or Azus Vivostick because CPU doesn't handle a single Full HD h264 movie). But on a decent CPU, it's better to keep CPU decoding. I can decode about 8 4k movies on my desktop before getting frame drops. If you need more than your PU can give, use HAP or HapQ codec: https://hap.video/ We have native support of this codec, it's really optimized: frames are zipped with a fast decoding library and store in a format that your graphics card can directly receive (so doing part of the decoding)
    Cheers
  • solosails

Re: No Output when checking use Hardware Acceleration

by solosails » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:43 pm

Hi There,

Thanks for getting back to me and sorry I haven't replied earlier, I thought I had clicked notify me but obviously not - I will try ther suggestions and get back to you - thanks again.