Multiple MadMappers - diffretn OSC ports
  • dawidrys26

Multiple MadMappers - diffretn OSC ports

by dawidrys26 » Mon May 10, 2021 2:31 pm

Hello!
    Is it possible to assign a specific OSC port to a specific project file?

I have two .mad projects set to run when I start my PC.
    But both projects run with same port always no matter how I set them up.
    So I understand "Preferences" (Tools -> Preferences) are global for one PC?

Is there any workaround for this specyfication?

When turned ON computer and .mad projects are up, my custom OSC app (Open Stage Control) doesn't work (I think it doesn't know which 'port 8010' to connect to and doesn't work at all?)

So
    I know that "many instances" of MadMapper on one PC is probably not quite its use :D, but it's nice if the OSC settings are not global, but individual for the project.
    I hope I just don't know something and and I have no knowledge and it can set it up somehow:)

____

Why two MM instances?
    I'm working on a project where there are 10 projectors (video resolutions 10900x1200 + 7860x1080) that blend and mask with each other (360' room mapping and 360' arch model mapping sametime :shock: ) It is much easier to work when in one project there is CONTENT on many many layers (which must work independently) and in the other project there is only MAPPING with many many distorted quads.
    CONTENT streams to MAPPING via SPOUT. It is really easier for this amount of content.
    Attachments
    sshot-001.png
    sshot-001.png (249.23 KiB) Viewed 1563 times
  • dawidrys26

Re: Multiple MadMappers - diffretn OSC ports

by dawidrys26 » Mon May 10, 2021 3:30 pm

Okay, I found my mistake:D
    Pre-tested on another PC.
    When two .mad files have the same OSC path (for example /quad1/opacity) then it doesn't work. When one of the projects has a completely clean "Control List" and no overwriting OSC path then it works. Of course it is logical! : D
    It does not change the fact that the OSC port was nice not global (if of course such a thing is technically possible) :)
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Multiple MadMappers - diffretn OSC ports

by mad-matt » Tue May 11, 2021 9:36 am

Glad you found your way. Note that you can do the spout loopback in the same MadMapper instance. By grouping surfaces and placing projectors (the ones for spout loopbacks & the ones for real projector display) you can make things understandable.