Need Help on Fixture Editor EXPRESSION : Godox SZ150R
  • Tsuji Takafumi

Need Help on Fixture Editor EXPRESSION : Godox SZ150R

by Tsuji Takafumi » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:04 am

Hi, I'm trying to somehow connect and control this cheap RGBW LED light from GODOX, which called "SZ150R".
    [Link : http://www.godox.com/EN/Products_Contin ... Z150R.html ]
    First of all I'm not new to madmapper though pretty new to whole DMX thing, I do Video Director and video installer/Projection mapper for living but I always worked with professional DMX team so... I have never done dmx part by myself.

Anyway.
    There is no DMX data offered from manufacture but luckily on Youtube, this guy here discovered some :
    Gaffer & Gear 148 Godox SZ150R :
    https://youtu.be/ZfMkiEfx3QI?t=666

it says DMX Ch1 will be mode control and from
    00~20% : CCT mode
    20%~40%: HSI mode
    40%~60% :RGBW mode
    60%~ : SFX

and here's my problem #1, as shown in image attached :
    I thought I want to have custom Fixture in each mode, because it sounded possible for me.
    So, If I want to have CCT MODE fixture then I want ch1 "MODE" values to be fixed in somewhere between 00~51(20% of 255 is 51 right?)
    then if I want to have HSI MODE fixture then just copy the CCT MODE one and change and fix the "MODE" value to somewhere between 51 and 102. and so on.
    I'm assuming it could be done with Expression on fixture editor but I'm so dumb I have no clue what to do, I simply typed like 00 or 52 but nothing happened.
    Probably this is simplest question for you guys but, please be kind and enlighten me.

and here's another issue.
    not really a issue but, since this is RGBW LED light, If it's possible to program madmapper to control fixture like "What you see is what you get" kinda style?
    Even though I can change the modes but still I have to change the color with sliders and it not looking and feeling efficient.
    I mean, let's say put the STROBE on surface and at this point I can only change the brightness following the STROBE on my SZ150Rs and make it flash flash, and if I want the RED STROBE then I have to go to fixture and change the HSI or RGBW sliders to just to get RED colors, is it possible to let the SZ150R follow the STROBE media? I want it to follow the media color but I dont know how could I done it.

Sorry for my English, might sounds stupid both topic and language wise, not my mothers language...!

p.s what language/code do I suppose to use to set expression?? I never done programming and really really bad at mathematics but totally interested to learn!

Thank you.
    Attachments
    for mm forum.PNG
    for mm forum.PNG (57.54 KiB) Viewed 2443 times
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: Need Help on Fixture Editor EXPRESSION : Godox SZ150R

by franz » Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:42 am

expressions are in "GLSL", just like MadMapper's materials.
    For the MODE, don't use an expression, but a regular slider, and input the right values
    (like you said, 0, 52 ... etc).

For the other channels, I'd rather use RGBW mode,
    so that it is easy for you to control with regular medias.
    W could be set to L, or a slider.

I hope this helps
  • Tsuji Takafumi

by Tsuji Takafumi » Tue Sep 21, 2021 9:03 am

expressions are in "GLSL", just like MadMapper's materials.
    For the MODE, don't use an expression, but a regular slider, and input the right values
    (like you said, 0, 52 ... etc).

For the other channels, I'd rather use RGBW mode,
    so that it is easy for you to control with regular medias.
    W could be set to L, or a slider.

I hope this helps
    Thank you so much!
    if I use slider, every time I change the fixture preset I always have to type and set the "MODE" to right value but if there's no way then I think I would go with this and try get used to it :)

Thank you.
  • franz
    madMapper master

by franz » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:20 pm

if you never want to change the mode in realtime, use an expression for the mode channel (instead of a slider) and set the expression value to whatever value you want