Scenes / Ques HELP — Interactive Touch Wall
  • Brandon_MC

Scenes / Ques HELP — Interactive Touch Wall

by Brandon_MC » Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:49 pm

Hey all,

I'm working on an interactive touch wall using a Bare Conductive touch board with two sensor points (using MIDI controls), one Mac Mini and two projectors to play videos.

We will have 2–3 idle-state videos (these videos indicate where the touch points are located on the wall), and 2 active-state videos that play upon activating either touch point. One touch point + active-state video is on Project 1 and the other touch point + active-state video is on Projector 2. The two "active-state" videos need the ability to play simultaneously if either of the touch points are activated around the same time. Also, once the active-state video(s) are complete, it needs to return to just playing the idle-state video(s).

My question is, can MadMapper sequence these videos out? Right now I'm having trouble with the "active-state" videos (Que A and B) not stopping after the initial play-thru is complete.

Please take a look. Here's where I am at currently with my Scene and Que setup: https://vimeo.com/642425744/dcf369f32a

As you can see in the Scenes / Cue area, I have my scene called "LOOP" setup with three video layers (Middle, Left Idle and Right Idle). These loop constantly. Then I have two Ques setup (called A and B), which are the "Active-state" videos that need to play once and stop/clear after the touch point(s) are activated and the video play-thru is complete.

Can anyone help me out here?

Thanks for the help!
    Brandon
  • MatteLe

Re: Scenes / Ques HELP — Interactive Touch Wall

by MatteLe » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:59 am

Seems there is something wrong with the cue system, it behaves inconsistent at least with movies. I put 2 clips (play once) in 2 quads and toogle visibilty, every state saved in a cue. One cue is playing from start (but only if the previous run was till the end), the other one just stays at the end...
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:22 am

Hi Brandon,
    So you want the two areas to run independently, so if someone start the movie on the left part, it should run till the end and come back to the "idle" movie, whatever is going on on the right part, correct ?
    If so, there's a missing feature here, but we could add a "Movie Info" module where you can select a movie and that would publish a "movie loop ended" or something, that you could assign to a cue with a Control. That would solve other requests we had.
    I'll discuss that with the team
    Cheers
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Tue Nov 09, 2021 3:05 pm

For information, we made a module that will make some inputs to know when any of the movies loaded loops, so you can do more custom programming with Controls. That will properly solve your situation. Will be in 5.0 beta 2 that should be out very soon.