WRONG ASPECT RATIO OF IMPORTED FILE 5.1.0
  • MediaCraft

WRONG ASPECT RATIO OF IMPORTED FILE 5.1.0

by MediaCraft » Wed Feb 16, 2022 2:09 pm

Hi,
    I'm running MadMapper 5.1.0
    I need an explanation of a weird behaviour I experience - either I am missing something fundamental from the way MadMapper works or this is a software bug.

Basically I can never get the imported still image file ratio to be shown in EXACTLY the same ratio as it was rendered. It is always heavily distorted (the WIDTH is wrong).

Steps to reproduce:
    I assign the OUTPUT to be the projector of 1200px x 1920px resolution (portrait mode). I am using a 1080px x 1920px monitor in studio but this should not be an issue since I DO NOT ASSIGN THIS MONITOR TO THE OUTPUT PROJECTOR IN MADMAPPER - I only use publish to Syphon option in the madmapper projector.

I import the still image of 1200px x 1920px to MadMapper (the "Preview" tab shows correct resolution).

I create a new Quad, in the INPUT tab of the quad I enter correct resolution ( 1200,00 1920,00) and Input Pos (0,00, 0,00) and assign the Quad and the final output - stretched actoss the whole output surface.

And While the INPUT of the Quad preview shows correct ration - the OUTPUT shows the DISTORTED (too wide) ratio of the image.

Any solutions to this? Is this a software bug or am I missing something fundamental?

Best!
    Last edited by MediaCraft on Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: WRONG ASPECT RATIO OF IMPORTED FILE 5.1.0

by mad-matt » Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:53 pm

Sorry there was a bug in the 5.1 build I sent you. I sent you this build because we solved your particular situation. But that's not an official build, so please communicate with us about through the support ticket. Other users have no access to 5.1, which should be out in a few weeks.