5.1 usb sound card + madmapper 5
  • studiobase2

5.1 usb sound card + madmapper 5

by studiobase2 » Mon Jun 06, 2022 10:02 pm

Hi,

we have installed madmapper 5 for an immersive experience in Betlehem.
    All perfect, but problems with 5.1 audio.
    We have installed madmapper on a Dell Workstation with windows 11, nvidia quadro – 4 output.
    We play 1 video with 5.1 audio. If I play the video with VLC player it sounds good, with multichannel audio.
    When I play with madmapper I ‘ve only stereo output.
    I’ve disabled the onboard card of the workstation (by bios) and installed usb 5.1 card. The card is recognized automatically from Windows and it’s the default audio output.
    I’ve tried to change in madmapper preferences the driver to ASIO but it recognize always Realtek Asio and give me error. With this setting I don’t hear audio at all or sometimes madmapper doesn’t start the video.
    I’ve also tried to modify the registry

REG ADD HKCU\SOFTWARE\Garagecube\MadMapper /f /v audioOutputMultiChannel /t REG_SZ /d 1

But nothing.

If I use the Direct Sound Driver, only stereo.
    I’ve installed the last version of madmapper v.5.
    Please help me !!!
    Thank you
    Pierluigi
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: 5.1 usb sound card + madmapper 5

by mad-matt » Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:41 pm

Hi,

Multichannel audio output is handled without any tweak since 5 years at least so the registry setting is useless.
    I’ve tried to change in madmapper preferences the driver to ASIO but it recognize always Realtek Asio and give me error. With this setting I don’t hear audio at all or sometimes madmapper doesn’t start the video.
    Could you send us a log file of a MadMapper session with ASIO enabled and your audio card selected ?
    Also are your audio card drivers up to date ?

Log files on Windows are in ""C:\Users\your_login\AppData\Roaming\Garagecube\MadMapper\Logs\"
    You can paste this in file browser address bar: "%AppData%\Roaming\Garagecube\MadMapper\Logs\"
    You can send the log in a support ticket (support@garagecube.com) addressed to me, "matthieu"

Cheers
    Matthieu
  • Nina-Dobrev

by Nina-Dobrev » Tue Jul 04, 2023 8:39 am

I suggest setting the USB 5.1 sound card as the default audio output device in Windows and select it within MadMapper's audio preferences. Use the Direct Sound Driver option if the ASIO driver is causing errors.
    fnf
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

by mad-matt » Tue Jul 04, 2023 11:17 am

REG ADD HKCU\SOFTWARE\Garagecube\MadMapper /f /v audioOutputMultiChannel /t REG_SZ /d 1
    This setting is useless since years... MadMapper handles multichannel audio by default.
    On Windows, it's only supported with ASIO driver. If MadMapper fails to open the ASIO driver of your audio output, it generally means another process is using the audio device. ASIO driver gives the exclusivity of the device to only one application, so be sure it's not selected in Windows output or any other running application.

Let us know if it doesn't solve. In this case please send us the log file (you can access log files from menu Tools / Show Log Files)