CUE and OSC workflow.
  • robbieallday

CUE and OSC workflow.

by robbieallday » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:51 am

Hi team, sorry if this has been covered already...

I am working on a project where I need madmapper to launch my project and then play a holding image. From the holding image, I am hoping to have the main content/video play via an OSC trigger and then go back to the holding image again and wait for the next OSC trigger to play the main clip again.

I have tryed doing this with cues and auto play but I can only seem to get both the hold image and the video to loop and not wait on the holding image.

Any help or instructions around the best work flow for this would be great.
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: CUE and OSC workflow.

by mad-matt » Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:16 pm

Don't do that with cue auto play.
    If you have cue 1 = "Idle Cue" (image) and cue 2 = "Movie", assign your OSC trigger to cue 2, and assign to cue 1 the control "MadMapper/Media Playback/MyMovie.mov/looped"
    Media Playback is an internal feature that allowed media playback information to be used in Controls (looped / position / duration)
  • robbieallday

Re: CUE and OSC workflow.

by robbieallday » Tue May 02, 2023 7:39 am

Thanks Matt,

I'm still a bit confused. So the best way to do this is to have the holding image as que-1 and the main video as que-2.

The project should open and sit and wait on the que-1 (black PNG file) and when MM receives the OSC trigger, Que-2 is triggered and the video plays and can not be interrupted if another OSC trigger is sent, the video must finish.

Once the main loop/que-2 is finished I need it to fade out and return back to que-1.

I couldn't find the command you mentioned. I am using MM 4.0.10

I have the OSC inputs and have a basic version of this behavior working with Scenes but its not as smooth as it could be.

Any help or direction would be amazing. Thanks!