Teensy LED on Windows
  • martenbiehl

Teensy LED on Windows

by martenbiehl » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:48 pm

Hi,

I got the Teensy LED Sketch with one led strip running on MacOS. When I open the same MadMapper file it does not work on windows 10 (MadMapper 5.3.2). The teensy is recognised in the device manager and I can select the com port, however, the lights don't light up. JUST_TEST_LEDS however works when I open the serial port with Arduino Serial Monitor. It seems like MadMapper has trouble opening the serial port. In the log file I see about every 2s:

> An exception occurred in serial port sender thread, port: teensy(COM4), error: IO Exception: Error while writing to the serial port: 121, file ..\..\..\..\ThirdParties\serial\src\impl\win.cc, line 370.

and

> Serial device connection was lost. Trying to reopen it, port "teensy(COM4)"

When I activate DEBUG_MODE flag, I can see debug messages on MacOS, but not on Windows.

Anything I could try?

Best
    Marten

PS: Would be really cool if we could use ESP32 too, but seems to be locked with the vendor id? Especially, if the TPM2 protocol would be supported then the WLED firmware could be used. this would probably reduce the support effort for this feature. (?)
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Teensy LED on Windows

by mad-matt » Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:33 am

Are you sure there's no other application which opened this same USB port ? Maybe arduino/teensy studio is opened at the same time ?
    PS: Would be really cool if we could use ESP32 too, but seems to be locked with the vendor id? Especially, if the TPM2 protocol would be supported then the WLED firmware could be used. this would probably reduce the support effort for this feature. (?)
    Can't you use the ArtNet or SACN as input on ESP32 instead of this serial port communication ?