Instant Cue change using DMX
  • henry82

Instant Cue change using DMX

by henry82 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:50 pm

Hey,

I have started controlling MM from a lighting desk to output to some pixel mapped led batterns, everything is working well, except I have yet to find a way to instantaneously change between to cues. I have been controlling 'cues/start_by_number' using an 8bit dmx channel. These are fired by a cue stack with a zero fade time. Sometimes the cue do seem to change near instamtaneously, but at other times all the cues between the first and second cue step through and clearly appear on the batterns.

Is there a fool proof why of completing an instaneous change? It would be great to have different cues on bump buttons and change between them rapidly.

Kind regards

Henry
  • mad-matt
    garageCube team

Re: Instant Cue change using DMX

by mad-matt » Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:45 am

at other times all the cues between the first and second cue step through and clearly appear on the batterns
    It means your DMX is not changing instantaneously but is being faded by the lighting desk. Can you verify that on your desk output monitor ?
  • henry82

Re: Instant Cue change using DMX

by henry82 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:50 pm

Hey Matt,

Sadly the show is over and I am no longer behind the lighting desk. I did religiuosly go through and change all the fade times to zero for the channel controlling 'çues/start_by_number'', although it did still appear to be fading at times. This could have been down to the lighting desk. In future I will create a personality with this channel set to instant, so it changes in the same manner to the gobo wheel in a moving light.

I guess the question I'm asking is, of the different controls for changing cue, will any of them give a faster response than the others, or are they all much of a muchness.

Kind regards

Henry