MAD_Quartz
    orion
    super8 member

MAD_Quartz

by orion » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:43 am

I've been meaning to post these QC files for a bit. They allow you to use the MAD apps (as many as you'd like) as individual layers in M8. Just drop them in your media bank in M8 and open the MAD_app(s) of your choice. Nice little work around to only being able to use one at a time directly from MM.
    MAD_Doubler Layer.qtz
    MAD_Equalizer Layer.qtz
    MAD_Generator Layer.qtz
    MAD_GraphicPatterns.qtz
    MAD_GridMaker Layer.qtz
    MAD_Line Layer.qtz

Bonus: Use this if you want to use the output of MM as a layer in M8. Makes some neat feedback sometimes :)
    MADMAPPER Layer.qtz

enjoy
    http://www.mediafire.com/?m4ngcq6mub2fcyu
    Lightjocky

Re: MAD_Quartz

by Lightjocky » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:58 pm

Hey does the mad_generator completely work on the quartz plugin
    2006 Mac pro Tower 1,1 5G Ram - ATI 5770 1G Vram 2-Dual 2.4GHz core. Lion
    2010 Mac Pro Tower 5,1 16G Ram - Dual ATI 5770 1G Vram . Dual 4 core 2.6Ghz Gig Lion
    2008 Macbook Pro
  • 2lifetalent

by 2lifetalent » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:26 pm

I just tried using the MAD-Quartz with Modul8 and the MAD Labs and it doesn't appear to be working. I see that you posted this a while back so i am wondering if something stopped working since the updates? I am currently using version 2.8 of Modul8. Thank you!
    orion
    super8 member

by orion » Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:05 am

Seems to be working fine for me. Which MAD app (and respective .qtz file) are you having problems with?
  • 2lifetalent

by 2lifetalent » Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:32 pm

None of them seem to be working for me. I drag the QTZ file into the library of Modul8 and load the corresponding LAB and it's just blank.

However, I was able to use the MAD Labs directly into Modul8 using syphon.

Orion, Cheers!
  • Xaver2k
    super8 member

by Xaver2k » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:48 am

@2lifetalent
    This is the way how it should!
    For my understanding the quartzcopositions here are only made to modify the values from the mad apps
  • 2lifetalent

by 2lifetalent » Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:48 pm

I thought that the idea was to drop these QTZ files into the media bank of M8, load the corresponding app, and when adding that to a layer in module8 it should appear. While the media bank does allow me to accept the QTZ file, when I load the app, it still shows up as blank. Using the syphon option in the media library, i was able to use the apps in modul8. So I'm not really using the MAD_Quartz to get the labs in Modul8. Any ideas on how to the QTZ option to work as explained by Orion? Am I missing something important?

orion wrote:I've been meaning to post these QC files for a bit. They allow you to use the MAD apps (as many as you'd like) as individual layers in M8. Just drop them in your media bank in M8 and open the MAD_app(s) of your choice. Nice little work around to only being able to use one at a time directly from MM.
    MAD_Doubler Layer.qtz
    MAD_Equalizer Layer.qtz
    MAD_Generator Layer.qtz
    MAD_GraphicPatterns.qtz
    MAD_GridMaker Layer.qtz
    MAD_Line Layer.qtz

Bonus: Use this if you want to use the output of MM as a layer in M8. Makes some neat feedback sometimes :)
    MADMAPPER Layer.qtz

enjoy
    http://www.mediafire.com/?m4ngcq6mub2fcyu
    alonsorama

by alonsorama » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:29 pm

2lifetalent wrote:I thought that the idea was to drop these QTZ files into the media bank of M8, load the corresponding app, and when adding that to a layer in module8 it should appear. While the media bank does allow me to accept the QTZ file, when I load the app, it still shows up as blank. Using the syphon option in the media library, i was able to use the apps in modul8. So I'm not really using the MAD_Quartz to get the labs in Modul8. Any ideas on how to the QTZ option to work as explained by Orion? Am I missing something important?

yes
    the whole purpose, is to develop your own "mad apps"
    the QTZ files are kind of the non-compiled file of the apps, so you can learn a trick or two or even tweak them
    orion
    super8 member

by orion » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:44 am

M8 can now receive syphon inputs from all the mad apps. Either from the SP bin in the media set of download the 'syphon input (layer)' module from the online (public) library.

*use the module if you want to have a different syphon input on 2 or more layers in M8
  • deadrocker

by deadrocker » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:14 am

I have been experiencing some serious issues while compiling this “MAD_GraphicPatterns.qtz” and “MAD_GridMaker Layer.qtz” For some reason it does not allow me through. I am clueless as to what to do. Please help me out this issue.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
    redrocker
    sell citi thank you points
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::