Audio Input (s)
    orion
    super8 member

Audio Input (s)

by orion » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:13 am

I think we can all agree sound analysis would be more effective with the ability to choose sound inputs in the preferences menu for example;
    the input jack on the MBP / presonus firepod / any break out box / etc.
    With the further development of effects to certain eq bands going on in modules (120 AVFX; (at) filter layer; etc) i personally would like to see various options for sound input.

I know there's talk about how modul8 is maintained for visual artist but as someone who does both the A and the V this would make my life easier. I'd equate it to owning a ferrari in america. there's no autobahn in the states, why would you buy a fast car if you can drive fast? Why would you be able to input sound if you can't control it's input?

That's all, now i'ma go find out how to implement soundflower.
    tdog
    super8 member

Re: Audio Input (s)

by tdog » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:14 pm

try this.....
    http://www.rogueamoeba.com/freebies/

SoundSource is a simple application for Mac OS X, enabling you to switch your audio input and output sources with a single click. It resides in your menu bar as a cute little pair of headphones, providing instant access to Input, Output and System device and volume settings, as well as a quick way to get to the full Sound Preference Pane.

With SoundSource, you can quickly change from one input or output device to another - it's great for DJs and other music professionals. Home users may also like the ability to route system sounds such as error beeps to secondary hardware.

tdog
    By any means necessary....
  • mowgli_uk
    master

by mowgli_uk » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:34 pm

On this subject, being able to take multiple audio ins from a multichannel soundcard would be awesome.
  • imtiazoceanbd1

by imtiazoceanbd1 » Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:34 pm

I am completely agreeing with you.
  • pawel22

by pawel22 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:12 pm

SoundSource solved the problem for me. Thanks!