"Cue All" button for selected FX, in edit cues mode
  • jasonbeyers
    super8 member

"Cue All" button for selected FX, in edit cues mode

by jasonbeyers » Sun Feb 20, 2022 10:59 pm

Hi,

In Edit Cues mode, it would be great if there was a "Cue All" button that automatically adds all settings of the currently-selected FX (on selected surface) to the selected cue(s).

"Cue All" for a surface will capture the settings for *every* FX (active and inactive) for that surface, rather than just the active FX. I can't think of a situation where I'd ever want to store all of this info -- at least not for my projects. And this behavior produces enormous cues (impacting how quickly MM can update other parameters) and it has exposed a series of FX bugs over the last 8 months, so I now actively avoid storing inactive FX parameters into my cues.

At the moment, the only way to "store all settings for currently-active FX" is to manually click on each setting while in Edit Cues mode. For FX that have 20+ parameters, and when creating cues with a dozen surfaces at once, this can be quite tedious and also subject to human error (missing a setting, etc).

Having a button to add/update settings for *just* the currently-selected FX (with the button living somewhere near the FX name) would streamline this process greatly.

This would be a "quality of life" improvement for Madmapper users and an additional incentive for people to use surface FX.

Thanks for your consideration!
    -Jason
  • jasonbeyers
    super8 member

Re: "Cue All" button for selected FX, in edit cues mode

by jasonbeyers » Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:41 am

Just pinging this to raise awareness. I spend so much of my cue-building time just clicking through individual FX parameters, since "Cue All" for a surface captures parameters from *every* FX that has ever changed. Having the ability to store "every FX parameter that is on the screen right now" with a single click would be a godsend. Thanks!
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: "Cue All" button for selected FX, in edit cues mode

by franz » Mon May 09, 2022 12:08 pm

+1 cue all for FX