Module groups
  • jasonbeyers
    super8 member

Module groups

by jasonbeyers » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:42 am

Hi,

I use a *lot* of modules in my projects: Oscillators, Cue Schedulers, and Control Combiners. Madmapper modules are truly amazing for automating things and I am constantly finding new uses for them.

It would be great if we could group modules into collapsible folders, just like Surface Groups. This would make it a lot easier to navigate long lists of modules and to re-arrange them.

Even better: if the "active" state for the group could propagate to the modules contained in that group, just like the "visible" state for Surface Groups. Imagine turning off a dozen oscillators with one click (and having a cue do this). But even without any group-level control (so, being a purely UI thing), module folders would still be very handy.

Similar wish list item, but for media: https://forum.garagecube.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=34947

Thanks for your consideration!
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: Module groups

by franz » Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:10 pm

+1
  • jasonbeyers
    super8 member

by jasonbeyers » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:21 pm

Just following up on this. After getting more into using the MIDI-out module to set LED colors on my MIDI controllers (and to create virtual “pages” from MM on those controllers), my projects now have way too many modules to manage - easily hundreds. Some way to group them & collapse them (out of view) would be a *tremendous* help for my sanity, haha. There doesn’t even need to be any group-based controls like “active” state — the grouping alone would suffice.

Thanks for your consideration!
  • jasonbeyers
    super8 member

by jasonbeyers » Thu May 11, 2023 5:17 pm

Gently nudging this one :)
  • franz
    madMapper master

by franz » Tue May 16, 2023 2:01 pm

thanks for the reminder