Audio Player Pan, EQ & Output Channel
  • iart-software

Audio Player Pan, EQ & Output Channel

by iart-software » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:44 pm

Hello,

I have been using and loving MadMapper for a couple of years now, and have recently been working on some projects with multichannel audio. While I’ve had success with accomplishing this using 5.1 video files and having MadMapper auto-assign the outputs to my audio interface, I feel like MadMapper currently leaves much to be desired in terms of how audio signals could be routed, processed and assigned to outputs.

Particularly when working with more than just typical 2-track stereo, it seems like the Audio Player module could be more useful with just a few basic audio controls like panning and EQ. For multichannel audio setups, I feel like the Audio Player would also be far more powerful if it had an option to assign which outputs of an audio interface the Audio Player is sent to. I understand that all of this is possible by using 5.1 video files in MadMapper- however it’s kind of a drag that if I want to output more than 2 independent channels of audio, I need to first compile them into a 5.1 video file in order to do so. It would be amazing if I could just pop audio files directly into an Audio Player module and assign output channels and panning from there.

Anyway- just a suggestion. Thanks so much for all of the hard work you all put into MadMapper!

Amina
  • tontechnik

Re: Audio Player Pan, EQ & Output Channel

by tontechnik » Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:48 pm

+1
  • yanosch

Re: Audio Player Pan, EQ & Output Channel

by yanosch » Sat Sep 23, 2023 11:06 am

+1
    I agree as well!