remote gui
    mipmarple

remote gui

by mipmarple » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:59 pm

:idea: Idea :idea:
    Having a remote gui / client application on a notebook to control a madmapper instance running on a master machine

I think everybody knows the problem messing around with long cables, video transmitters or remote software for setting up a mapping where you have sit right in front of the mapping but all projectors are far away.
    Windows remote desktop is quick, for free, but does not allow controlling external monitors.
    TeamViewer or VNC usually is the way to go but brings its quirks.

So you would have to setup the outputs on the master machine.
    Then you could use a lightweight computer connected via wifi to setup everything while walking around.
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: remote gui

by franz » Wed Mar 22, 2023 5:34 pm

+1
    but that's a lot of work.
    On PC I suggest you try out Anydesk, it is fast and reliable, much better than TeamViewer IMHO
  • timbrass
    activ8 member

by timbrass » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:52 pm

I use "Remote Desktop" where a thin client device is connected close to a set of ILDA cabled Lasers and publishes a private wifi SSID (no internet required), so it works for Madlaser but not for a connected projector. I spent ages trying to work out if there was a way to get a copy of MM on the thin client device to send output to the VGA port on the same device, but it appears impossible.
  • kevw8504

by kevw8504 » Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:08 pm

I use chrome Remote Desktop all the time for most of our installations. This seems to work reliably and from my laptop and iPhone both. good free solution for remote management.