MIDI mapping for multiple functions
  • NiceTrip

MIDI mapping for multiple functions

by NiceTrip » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:02 am

It would be very useful to be able map a MIDI control signal to do more than one thing in MadMapper. Likewise, allowing one thing to be mapped by multiple MIDI controls would be equally useful.

For a small example, when a button is pressed, I want to both turn off autoplay, and play a specific scene. Perhaps with another button I want to play a scene and turn ON autoplay. However I can't because autoplay can only be mapped to one MIDI button, and each MIDI button can only be mapped to one MM function, so I must choose whether the MIDI button turns off autoplay or plays a scene -- not both.
  • NiceTrip

Re: MIDI mapping for multiple functions

by NiceTrip » Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:36 am

Request update: I just discovered that the "Controls Combiner" module can combine multiple signals to the same MM feature -- I think. So I would like to update this request to: Documentation for the Controls Combiner module. And also for the Idle Cue and Device Activity modules. Thanks!
  • jasonbeyers
    super8 member

Re: MIDI mapping for multiple functions

by jasonbeyers » Tue Feb 06, 2024 5:42 pm

You can map multiple functions to the same MIDI button. Just right-click on multiple sliders or other UI inputs (for shaders, module settings, surface settings, etc) and use the same MIDI knob/button for multiple.

And yeah, for mapping multiple MIDI buttons/knobs to the same Madmapper element, a Control Combiner module is needed