Modul8 and TouchOSC
  • meiso

Modul8 and TouchOSC

by meiso » Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:36 pm

MacBook Pro13,2
    OS X 10.14.2 (Mojave)
    Modul8 2.9.2

I've lost the ability to control Modul8 via TouchOSC (through Osculator) and I'm wondering if anybody has a solution.

Audio MIDI setup has changed a lot since the last time I used it. When I try to launch the network device browser, it tells me that AVB\EAV is disabled and offers to assist me, but all that does is launch the Network Preference Pane. From what I remember I needed to have my iPhone detected as an AVB network device to be able to use it as a controller. I can't find any info about this problem online - other than a suggestion to disable IPV6 through the terminal which didn't seem to change anything for me. Does anybody have any other ideas?

Also - if there's an easier way to set up an iPhone or iPad as a controller, please tell me. I used this setup starting 10 years ago and there may just be a newer, easier way to get it working. Your suggestions are much appreciated!

Thanks!
  • meiso

Re: Modul8 and TouchOSC

by meiso » Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:28 pm

I solved my problem!

It required TouchOSC Bridge and an update to Osculator (v3). No need to mess around with MIDI utilities in OS X. Now I can control Modul8 from my iPhone or iPad. So nice to be able to roam around while VJing and not be stuck to my laptop!