modul8 with mackie onyx producer
  • brad2600

modul8 with mackie onyx producer

by brad2600 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:55 pm

i'm running modul8 3.1.3, on mojave. i recently picked up a mackie onyx producer 2.2 interface. it works great as a soundcard. osx system preferences seeing signal coming in, and i have it set as the input device there.

when i open modul8 however, i do not get signal coming in. i have the audio in volume turned up in modul8, and when i start it up without the mackie connected, things work fine using the microphone.

here's the strange part, when i start up modul8 with the audio system preference pane open, i notice that the input level stops responding. once modul8 is running, it appears as though the mackie is no longer receiving signal according to the os. in order to get it working again, i have to unplug the mackie completely.

i have tried several combinations of quitting modul8 and starting it again with the mackie unplugged, or plugged in. i have also removed every other device that i use (a korg nanokontrol and a blackmagic intensity) to troubleshoot this, but nothing seems to get the mackie to work. i'm also doing this with an empty project, just to eliminate that issue.

any ideas?
  • brad2600

Re: modul8 with mackie onyx producer

by brad2600 » Fri May 03, 2019 2:03 am

further to this, i dug an ancient alesis io2 out of the closet, and it works great on the same setup. there is definitely an issue with the mackie onyx producer. i sent an email to support a few days back, and no reply. any idea how long they typically take to respond?
  • brad2600

Re: modul8 with mackie onyx producer

by brad2600 » Mon May 13, 2019 3:58 pm

final word from support, it seems that the onyx producer is not supported with modul8.