M8 + Camera + Vimeo
  • aronsmth

M8 + Camera + Vimeo

by aronsmth » Thu Oct 22, 2020 12:09 am

Hello,
    I'm into some struggles with live cameras and live streaming and live visuals and.......

I need to connect two cameras (GoPros) to Modul8 (ideally with SDI cables for the lenghts, seems to be the best solution) -> so the SDI might go to a Capture Card that could work in something else than Thunderbolt as the projector is already using this spot. Then the whole signal needs to be transmitted to Vimeo for a live-stream of the performance.

What worked :
    - GoPro connected to OBS through WiFi and VLC (5 sec latency and not going through M8 so no composition)
    - GoPro connected to the Desktop App (USB-C to USB) and Syphon to M8
    - An iPhone connected to AirBeam and wirelessy sending its signal to M8
    - A Canon Mark III Camera using an old version of CanonSyphoner connected to the computer (HDMI to USB)

What I wish it will work :
    - 20m cables (SDI? TB3 to USB? TB3 to HDMI to USB?) linking the cameras to my computer (at this point, camera brand doesn't matter anymore)
    - NDI output to OBS for the stream + full screen projection on a physical screen at the same time
    - The least latency between the camera and the computer ; the latency from M8 to Vimeo doesn't really change anything for this project

I have a budget for all these things but I need to be sure it will work as I'm a bit anxious about the eventual cancellation of the performance so I'm not really into compulsive shopping... That said, NO RISK NO FUN!

If anyone here ever did such an installation, I would be SO HAPPY to discuss with you! I'm annoyed we can almost reach Mars but not plug a 2020 camera to a computer easily :-((((((((((((

Thanks a lot,

xx

Nora