MiniMad Remote Export
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

MiniMad Remote Export

by Pierre Guilluy » Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:22 am

Did you know that you can export your show remotely?

To connect remotely, your MiniMad must be powered on and connected to the same local ethernet network as MadMapper, or even through a VPN connection.

If you receive a message telling your MiniMad is not ready for remote-export, don’t worry, you will just need to flash the latest disk-image onto the SD-card by following the detailed procedure in the MiniMad user-guide https://madmapper.com/minimad/userguides.
  • AgentD
    activ8 member

Re: MiniMad Remote Export

by AgentD » Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:19 am

I am a bit confused… How can this work remotely if both MiniMad and MadMapper on your computer have to be on the same local network? For example if I have an installation at a museum and if I need to access the MiniMad and update the content from home, is there a way to do that?
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

Re: MiniMad Remote Export

by Pierre Guilluy » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:30 pm

How can this work remotely if both MiniMad and MadMapper on your computer have to be on the same local network?
    Remotely means through a network, without the need to get a physical access to the MiniMad.
    For example if I have an installation at a museum and if I need to access the MiniMad and update the content from home, is there a way to do that?
    As said, you can access the MiniMad through the internet by setting up a VPN server on the connection.

In the future, we may even propose a remote-control service that would enable you to control your installations from anywhere without any configuration.