Minimad as playback
  • simon_mck

Minimad as playback

by simon_mck » Tue May 09, 2023 1:53 pm

Hi,

Just working on a project. Would Minimad work as a long-term playback solution? The idea for the project, is that it playback in a loop 3 hours each night over winter ... over say 3-4 months.

I'm using V5 but my minimad is 2016 - do I need to update it?

thanks

S
  • Benoit
    ultim8 member

Re: Minimad as playback

by Benoit » Wed May 10, 2023 2:50 pm

You can use the Minimad continuously for months without problems. However be sure to use an industrial sd card, as classic sd cards can corrupt due to heat. Otherwise the raspberry pi will hold + you can use your 2016 Minimad since the hardware remain the same, although the software did evolve. Being a v5 owner you can upgrade your Minimad software in Madmapper, at export.
  • simon_mck

by simon_mck » Thu May 11, 2023 5:46 pm

Thank you and the response is much appreciated! :) Simon
  • simon_mck

by simon_mck » Fri May 12, 2023 11:08 am

Ps could I ask, If I attach internet access to the Minimad, could I replace the projected video file easily?

Secondly Can the Minimad be scheduled and if so is this through through Madmapper?

Thank you

Simon
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

by Pierre Guilluy » Fri May 12, 2023 2:49 pm

If I attach internet access to the Minimad, could I replace the projected video file easily?
    Yes, you can remote-export from MadMapper to the MiniMad through ethernet.
    Please check the official MiniMad User-Guide in MadMapper -> Help for more details.
    Secondly Can the Minimad be scheduled and if so is this through through Madmapper?
    You can schedule one or several MiniMads using the Cue Scheduler or the Calendar Scheduler module, combined with the MiniMad Controller module.