MiniMAD Light - Interface Size (OSD via HDMI)
  • Silentsounds

MiniMAD Light - Interface Size (OSD via HDMI)

by Silentsounds » Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:06 pm

I've got 5 of the MiniMADs configured to LIGHT mode controlling SACN and they work perfectly. :-) Amazing device. I love them!

However, I've had a request for an interface so my users can see which program is running and (importantly) which repeat / sequence mode it's set to.

If I plug a 1080p HDMI screen in, the OSD info comes up as tiny tiny text at the bottom left of the screen (as shown). I then looked at the config.txt on the SD and saw you can change the resolution.

I ordered 5 of little 1024x600 Waveshare 7" monitors and changed the config.txt (on the SD card) to match the resolution of this little screen. This makes RiPi boot text big and readable. But when MiniMAD Light boots up, it reverts back to a scaled 1920x1080 with a font size so tony it's only a couple of lines of unreadable pixels!

Is there a way I can make the MiniMAD font about 800% bigger so people can see it? Or set the resolution of the MiniMad Light super low? I don't care if the text is off the side of the screen. The start of the sentences just need to be readable. Bigger the better!

I started pulling apart the linux partition and found a font file... but couldn't find a way to change the draw size.
    Attachments
    Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg (56.78 KiB) Viewed 164 times
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

Re: MiniMAD Light - Interface Size (OSD via HDMI)

by Pierre Guilluy » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:06 am

The simplest way I found to get the MiniMad resolution stick to the resolution specific in config.txt is to uncomment
    hdmi_safe=1

Tested on a 1080p display, here are the parameters to maximise the OSD:

# uncomment if you get no picture on HDMI for a default "safe" mode
    hdmi_safe=1

# uncomment to force a console size. By default it will be display's size minus
    # overscan.
    framebuffer_width=640
    framebuffer_height=480

Does it work with your 1024x600 display?