Touch OSC and MIDI Feedback
  • te-c
    super8 member

Touch OSC and MIDI Feedback

by te-c » Sat May 18, 2013 12:11 pm

For me Touch OSC over Core MIDI works well. Only one thing. If I have two controls on different pages but for the same control in Modul8 only one fader get feedback, the one Control on the other page doesn't react.
    What I mean exactly is:

On page one I build a fader for layer opacity for layer one in Modul8. I connect the fader via Core MIDI and Touch OSC with the MIDI Feedback module from UdArt. Everything works well. Now I build a second page in Touch OSC and build the same fader with the same function on this site. If I use the fader the feedback works only on the activated page. The fader on the first page doesn't react. Anything I'm doing wrong? It's the same MIDI number and channel for both faders.

Anybody have the same problem?

I've post the question also into the post for UdArts Two Way MIDI Feddback module.
    /// Chuck Goldfinger ::: Live Visuals Frankfurt /// VJing, Videomapping, Stagedesign, Photography, Graphic Design and more based in Rhein-Main area ::: by bk-Art.org ///
  • te-c
    super8 member

Re: Touch OSC and MIDI Feedback

by te-c » Wed May 22, 2013 6:51 pm

Nobody any expiriences with that? Give it a try!
    /// Chuck Goldfinger ::: Live Visuals Frankfurt /// VJing, Videomapping, Stagedesign, Photography, Graphic Design and more based in Rhein-Main area ::: by bk-Art.org ///
  • te-c
    super8 member

by te-c » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:01 pm

I still ahving this problem, anybody who who have the same problem?
    I don't think that I'm the only one, maybe anybody can answer to this post?

Please!
    sehrinde17

by sehrinde17 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:38 pm

Heyda!

Have exactly the same problem. First i used touchOSC... the I discovered LEMUR by Liine. Lemur has the force to link same parameter via little tiny scripting (e.g. FaderPage2.x=FaderPage1). When I move the fader on Page 1, it sends an intern message to update the fader on Page 2. Both fader are connected via OSC or MIDI to Modul8 (withe feedback to the iPad)

And... it works fine!

Dependent on how much you need this feature I recommend to you Lemur (50€ !!!!)

I hope I inspirited you and sorry for my (sometimes) incredible english!
    MacBook Pro Retina, Mid 2012
    2,3 GHz Intel i7 | 8 GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB | 250 GB SSD
    OS X 10.9.1

Mac Pro Early 2009
    2x 2,26 GHz Intel Xeon | 24 GB Ram | NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512 MB | 2x 2 TB SATA
    OS X 10.9.1
  • te-c
    super8 member

by te-c » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:49 pm

Hey, thank you that's the first reaction on my post.

Lemur could be nice but maybe anybody can fix this for TouchOSC, too.