Mini mad for exhibition stand support for scenes?
  • buckrogers999

Mini mad for exhibition stand support for scenes?

by buckrogers999 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:13 pm

hi all

im trying to create an exhibition stand that has multiple screens across it 5 wide screens in portrait and then another in a different location in landscape

ideally I want every screen to display separate content but every now and again play a video loop across all 5 screens in portrait (whilst the other one goes black) and then go back to what they were doing.

does mini mad support the scenes and cues functions if I create this in that. its a shame I can't seem to set individual hold times for each scene just globally. or will I have to create 1 video files with everything in it and then map the areas of that one video file to the screens and then export. this way seems a bit more of a faff and means less ease to edit times as I will have to render it out from an editor each time if timings need changing.

Cheers
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

Re: Mini mad for exhibition stand support for scenes?

by Pierre Guilluy » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:01 pm

For now miniMAD supports playing one media at a time in loop or playlist modes.

So if you want to use the scenes and cues, the idea is to create a fake projector that represents a combination of all your projector, and record your show using Syphon Recorder (or a NDI-equivalent).

Then you can create a new project using the video-wall template and use the recorded video (trimmed in MadMapper if necessary), before exporting each projector to a miniMAD.