miniMad asking for raspberrypi login.
  • ProjectileObjects
    activ8 member

miniMad asking for raspberrypi login.

by ProjectileObjects » Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:13 pm

I downloaded the 8GB image from MM Yourspace account and put it on a 16GB card. I have a blue version of the miniMad (not sure if that makes a difference). I tried downloading the 16GB version, but the download would be corrupt by the time it would finish.

I power it on and it goes to the logo screen before asking for a raspberrypi login:

I tried all of the basic root or pi usernames and standard passwords to no avail.

Thank you. (Posting here in case anyone else has this problem).
  • Benoit
    ultim8 member

Re: miniMad asking for raspberrypi login.

by Benoit » Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:44 am

hi,

did you succeed to properly download the 16gb image disk?

(if the download fails at some point, the file will be somehow downloaded but corrupted indeed)

Do you have the same issue with the 8gb image disk?
  • ProjectileObjects
    activ8 member

by ProjectileObjects » Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:31 pm

hi,

did you succeed to properly download the 16gb image disk?

(if the download fails at some point, the file will be somehow downloaded but corrupted indeed)

Do you have the same issue with the 8gb image disk?
    Hello Benoit. I was unable to download the 16GB image without corruption and I could not compare MD5 (even using wget the file fails upon extraction). The 8GB version downloaded successfully and is asking me for a login. Sometimes it boots past the madmapper logo screen to the color button selector, but after that, it reboots and asks for a login.
  • Benoit
    ultim8 member

by Benoit » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:05 pm

the very next step would to make all the process again properly....

->

- download first the image disk on the madMapper yourspace page : https://madmapper.com/yourspace

- download the Etcher app as well : https://www.balena.io/etcher/ (the link is also available on the yourspace page)

- then all the steps are explained in the page 13 of the miniMad manual : https://madmapper.com/wp-content/upload ... RGUIDE.pdf

The image disk is huge - if the downloaded file doesn't work it's mostly due to a download fail at some point, you'll have to download the image disk again.

By the way, always prefer the sd card which comes with the miniMad unit and above all avoid cheap ones.

Plus, if after flashing the sd card your miniMad fails to start, it's possible that there's some dusk stuck in the unit sd-card reader - you can try removing the card and blowing air in the slot to clean it.

If you willing to try
    Let me know
  • ProjectileObjects
    activ8 member

by ProjectileObjects » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:14 pm

- download the Etcher app as well : https://www.balena.io/etcher/ (the link is also available on the yourspace page)

- then all the steps are explained in the page 13 of the miniMad manual : https://madmapper.com/wp-content/upload ... RGUIDE.pdf

The image disk is huge - if the downloaded file doesn't work it's mostly due to a download fail at some point, you'll have to download the image disk again.
    Thank you again, Benoit, for replying. Unfortunately every time I download the 16GB image I get this error in Etcher (attached) One is from the latest version of Etcher as well.

It happened once with the 8GB image but the second download worked for that. Unfortunately, the 8GB image is still asking me for a raspberry pi login.

I don't know a better way than using wget to fetch the files from your server.
    Attachments
    Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 2.12.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 2.12.15 PM.png (111.97 KiB) Viewed 5891 times
    Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 2.10.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-29 at 2.10.21 PM.png (105.04 KiB) Viewed 5891 times
  • ProjectileObjects
    activ8 member

by ProjectileObjects » Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:53 pm

I re-downloaded the 8GB version and used the latest version of Etcher and it asked me for the MINIMAD login. (see image)

I used a default pi, raspberry login, and now I'm at a command prompt, but this mM isn't auto launching.
    miniMAD_8GB_img.jpg
    miniMAD_8GB_img.jpg (139.51 KiB) Viewed 5882 times
    Thus far I have downloaded the 16GB version at least 9 different times on three different computers. Below is the error Etcher gives when trying to use the 16GB img. Is it possible that your upload of the 16GB image is corrupt or incomplete?

Please advise. Thank you.
    Attachments
    16GB_fail_win_download.png
    16GB_fail_win_download.png (16.6 KiB) Viewed 5817 times