minimad stopped connecting to enttec DMX usb pro
  • shortnotion

minimad stopped connecting to enttec DMX usb pro

by shortnotion » Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:23 pm

After little bit more than a week of operation with only minor issues, right now we have a minimad failing to connect to the enttec at all (the light on the enttec does not light up, or only for a very short moment). Unfortunately it's a remote installation which I can't reach any time soon, so I'm not able to give a lot of details, but any suggestions on troubleshooting and understanding what part is failing (the enttec, the minimad, the USB-cable or something else) are welcome!

Note that the minimad, together with the DMX-controlled light fixtures, are on a daily timer that cuts the power at 10pm and returns the power at 10AM. I understood from local technicians, that even after power was restored in the morning, another unplug/replug of the minimad was sometimes required to get it to connect to the enttec and start playback on the installation.

One possible factor could be the type of smoke used in the smoke-machine in the same room, which I believe is oil-based. Does anybody know how likely this is to affect either the minimad or the enttec?
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

Re: minimad stopped connecting to enttec DMX usb pro

by Pierre Guilluy » Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:18 pm

It seems like a power-related problem: the Enttec doesn't get enough current from the miniMAD.

Do you use the official bundled power-supply?