Modul8 RC3 Bugs Report
  • claude steiner

Modul8 RC3 Bugs Report

by claude steiner » Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:15 pm

Hi at Garagecube

I am using the RC3 Beta Version instead of the 2.9 Version for all my VisualGigs and love the new features most of all the 64 Bit and that i can use MP4 Files, what makes the App very fast! But i have still the following Bugs:

1. The Render Logical Record doesent works at all.
    The screen starts with the countdown of the frames (red number) and then doesent makes anything!
    It freezes the app and i have to restart with no result (not one picture rendered)!

2. The Copy Layer Function in Group A and Group B (the sign with the + sign) doesent work well. Sometimes
    it copy a Layer most of the times i only get a empty Layer. This is realy tricky, while i use this function very much in the Live set.
    Did i do something wrong? (I try to one click, double click, always a new empty Layer)

3. The function: Fade (besides PLAY, OPT, in the first Box where i can change the clip speed and the clip loop) doesent save my changes. I always be in the Min. Position of the Speed rotary Button. so i doesent get the right transition time! As i noticed the rest is saved well!

4. The new function Fit Stage and Fill Stage in the second box Transform(Clip) doesent works well, if i press Fit Stage the picture/movie is still a bit to big! What is the difference between FIT STAGE AND FILL STAGE?

5. Some MJPEG Movies doesent show a preview picture in the Media Container. The same i notice with some PSD Stills.
    If i use MP4 Files all works well.

Thanks for your Feedback
    Best Regards Claude Steiner
  • Pierre Guilluy
    garageCube team

Re: Modul8 RC3 Bugs Report

by Pierre Guilluy » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:59 pm

1. I've tried different things and I can't reproduce on my side.
    Could you describe the steps until the application freezes?
    Could you share a simple project using only builtin media that reproduce the problem?

2. Same thing, can't reproduce on my side.
    Do you have a procedure I could follow to reproduce?

3. I've saved a project that contains a layer with fading on media-change, but everything's restored correctly when loading the project...

4. Fit to stage let the media appear entirely where Fill to stage will take the whole space, both when the scale factor is set to default.

5. Do you have an example of a movie that reproduces the problem?

But most importantly, have you tried resetting your preferences?

(Since we made a lot of changes during the beta phase of the 3.0, it's possible your preferences files got messed up at some point.)
  • geoffmatters
    activ8 member

by geoffmatters » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:40 pm

Pierre,

5. I described this issue in the "august version issues" thread. MJPA and RLE formats don't get thumbnails for me. There may be others.
  • geoffmatters
    activ8 member

by geoffmatters » Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:45 pm

Sent a file via PM to repro missing thumbnail
  • claude steiner

by claude steiner » Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:01 pm

Thanks for the answer.
    I will try to clear the preferences, how i can do this?
    Last edited by claude steiner on Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • claude steiner

by claude steiner » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:43 pm

ok i delete the preferences and nothing changed. Still have the same problems. Exept rendering with some internal material works...
  • jaxamuse

by jaxamuse » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:17 pm

I'm having the same issue w/ rendering. But for me, once I put in my file/codex settings, and hit "render", nothing else happens. No red numbers, no frames recorded. This is really annoying. And to clarify - i'm using the full v03, not the beta.
  • claude steiner

by claude steiner » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:44 pm

Modul8 Release 3
    All works fine. Thanks for the App to clear the prefs! This was the weapon against the bugs i have in Modul8 3 Beta.
    I am very happy to work with the new App and thanks a lot for the free version i get from you guys at Garagecube!!!!
    Hugs, Claude Steiner