Locked 3 posts Page 1 of 1
Projector Remote Module for Madmapper 4
  • simonhu

Projector Remote Module for Madmapper 4

by simonhu » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:23 pm

Hello Madmapper Team

We often use MadMapper for fix installations. Its always a painful topic to set up a programm to start projectors automatically in the meaning when a user wants to start a show, the projector switchs on. There is PJ Link as a simple protocol. But to link the protocol into MadMappers interface options is unfortunately not easy.

Therefore I have created a small screenshot with a possible new module where I can set the IP address and the MAC address of the projector. Once done I can set it as a cue. So when a person activates a cue, the projector will start automatically.

What do you think about this Idea? It would simplifiy a lot our life and probably others too.

Thank you
    Simonhu
    Attachments
    Remot.jpg
    Remot.jpg (17.12 KiB) Viewed 4772 times
  • mysecretstache

Re: Projector Remote Module for Madmapper 4

by mysecretstache » Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:54 am

If PJLink does not make it into mad mapper or if you need solutions faster, I've been exploring PJLink solutions to try and automate some things on a current show. I've found two useful external utilities that can link PJLink commands to OSC commands for automation.

Luminosus is geared to working with ETC EOS lighting consoles, but it is not limited to them. The interface is node based and it can have OSC, Midi, and sACD dmx listeners to automate a number of actions including PJ Link. I use it on a number of projects involving OSC

Bitfocus Companion is more like macro scripting, and is designed to be use in conjunction with an Elgato Streamdeck Macro pad. Even if you don't have a stream deck, you can trigger Companion macros via OSC. Companion also has support for controlling Mad Mapper.

Hope this helps your projects.
    Simon
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: Projector Remote Module for Madmapper 4

by franz » Thu Jan 30, 2020 3:27 pm

+1
Locked 3 posts Page 1 of 1