No output by shownet
  • Fabioquiet

No output by shownet

by Fabioquiet » Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:47 pm

Hi, I tried to use madlaser with Laserworld PL-5000RGB MK2. I tried to connect it in lan-shownet, and I was able to connect 2 lasers without big problems (sometimes I had to restart madmapper several times, but at some point it connect up and worked). But at some point madmapper stopped seeing one of them, but i was able to use the second one for months, and now also with the second laser i have the same issue. I don't see them in destinations anymore. I tried to update madmapper version but still same problem. I wanted to know if it was a known problem and if there is anything I can do to fix it. Using etherdream 3 I can control the laseer, but I would prefer to use shownet. Thank you
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: No output by shownet

by franz » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:19 pm

There's a bug in the shownet firmware. Same problem here. Only workaround is to power cycle everything, quite a few times.
    Call/email shownet guys at laserworld, explain your problem, and they should be able to send you a beta firmware to resolve the problem.
    Please report back here if possible !
    thanks
  • Fabioquiet

Re: No output by shownet

by Fabioquiet » Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:35 pm

We solved the problem pushing “auto ip” on the laser. I will check if the connection with the laser will be stable also next days