What is the easy way to create and animate a 3D Cube
  • ManuelRietsch

What is the easy way to create and animate a 3D Cube

by ManuelRietsch » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:46 pm

Hi ! My name is Manu ! I'm a light technician at the Maillon Theatre (Strasbourg - France)

Currently we perform some test with the "madLaser" Demo version, a basic Laser Ilda and a Shownet interface !
    Everything works perfectly !!! And the software looks very powerful !!! Thank's all programmers !

Warning : I start in laser mapping ;-) Be indulgent ;-)

We would like to create and animate (in rotation) a simple 3D filar Cube !

First try : I import a 3D cube (.obj file) but it appears only in the video layer ! And If I understand this is only for a cube base mapping... After, I discover that we can export edges from the cube to create lines in laser view ! It almost works but it's not the result I want! Especially with the rotation animation ! (I can't see all the edges) It's not the simple rendering we expected !

Second try : With "Paint3D" software (Included in Windows 10) I create a simple 3D Cube (The 3D cube face are filled, I can't modify in filar view). Inside "Paint3D I exporte it in a loop video (With the rotation option actived) I import the loop video inside "madLaser".
    With one of inside madlaser algorithm I can see the edges of the cube appears ! The rotation animation in laser mode come from the loop video and I can't really manage the rest of animation with the "fx" part !

So... Is there a easy way (In laser mode) to draw/create or import a 3D Cube (Or another simple 3D form) and perform a fx animation/rotation around z axe ???

I waiting for your advices and I hope you understand my post ;-)

Best regards !!!
  • franz
    madMapper master

Re: What is the easy way to create and animate a 3D Cube

by franz » Thu Mar 17, 2022 5:32 pm

for a simple cube, use the "LaserVector3d" Laser Material - built in -
  • ManuelRietsch

Re: What is the easy way to create and animate a 3D Cube

by ManuelRietsch » Mon Jul 11, 2022 4:23 pm

for a simple cube, use the "LaserVector3d" Laser Material - built in -
    Sorry for my late answer but I really thank you for your easy tip :D :D :D