current state of laseer DAC
  • llumen

current state of laseer DAC

by llumen » Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:10 pm

Hi,

What is currently the best laser ILDA DAC to use with Mad Laser.
    That is also 16 bit?

Is Ether Dream 4 an option or does it still black out at 2 minutes?
    I've seen Moncha.go etc. but can't seem to find a place to buy them.

I wish to run 3 RGB lasers independently.

Tan you for your advice!

Pieter
  • sanemapper

Re: current state of laseer DAC

by sanemapper » Thu Jul 27, 2023 6:59 am

I use ether dream and it works fine. Not sure about running independent lasers though, havnt tried it.
  • timbrass
    activ8 member

by timbrass » Tue Aug 15, 2023 10:57 pm

I have 3 Helios DACs and they are cheap and all work flawlessly
  • d4damager

by d4damager » Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:08 pm

I been using Helios with a single laser for awhile now, no issues. This past weekend was the first time using 3 lasers on 3 Helios and had major issues. One laser was randomly getting the source output of another laser’s zone. Problems first started when trying to use USB to Ethernet extender. 3 DACs was too much and resulted in no detection. Luckily I had a 100ft ILDA cable to connect the 3rd. Madmapper wouldn’t recognize any new connections unless restarting. During the show when the issue happened, I had to restart MM but this time the DAC registered as Helios00. It worked fine for about 5 minutes then happened again… shooting beams into the crowd. After that I disabled 2 of the lasers and ran just 1. It made it to the last hour before losing connection. I wasn’t going to do another restart on Madmapper… embarrassing. A note my MM setup. 1 laser zone was looped back to 3 zones that defined the output for each.

In retrospect, I should have paid for a 1 month Pangolin license and use the FB3 that came with the Kvant rentals. These Helios are going back to Amazon.